Teacher Relationships With Students :
1. What kind of students do you like to work with? What type of students could you teach most effectively?
2. You give an assignment. A student ridicules the assignment, saying it doesn’t make sense. What would you do?
3. How do you help students experience success?
4. How would you individualize instruction for students?
5. What procedures do you use to evaluate student progress besides using tests?
6. How would you challenge the slow learner and the advanced learner within the same class?
7. How would you recruit students to your program?
8. How would you involve students in community projects?
9. Where should emphasis be placed: classroom instruction, student projects, or FFA activities?
Teacher Relationships With Colleagues :
1. What kind of teachers would you prefer to work with? Why?
2. What activities would you like to work with in our school ?
3. What quality or qualities do you have that would enhance our teaching staff?
4. What are some personality characteristics you find undesirable in people?
5. Who should be responsible for discipline in a school? Why?
6. What needs and/or expectations do you have of the school administration ?
Teacher Relationships With Parents :
1. What do you feel is the most effective way to communicate with parents? Describe how you have used this/these technique(s).
2. Describe the reasons why you would contact parents.
3. What would you include in your Open House presentations to parents?
4. What community activities would you like to be associated with? Why?
5. How would you involve parents in student projects?
Questions you can ask the Interviewer :
1. What is the teacher/student ratio in your district?
2. Do you encourage teachers to earn advanced degrees?
3. How many classes a day will I be expected to teach? What is the typical class size?
4. Tell me about the students who attend this school? Can you give a profile of the 'typical' student?
5. What textbooks does the district use in this subject area? What is the district's policy on mainstreaming and inclusion?
6. Do teachers participate in curriculum review and change?
7. What kinds of support staff members are available to help students and teachers?
8. Describe the teachers at this school? Can you give a profile of the 'typical' teacher?
9. How do current staff welcome new teachers?
10. What discipline procedures does the district use? Is there a certain philosophy that you adhere to?
11. How do parents support the school?
12. How does the community support the schools ?
13. Do your schools use teacher aides or parent volunteers? What is their role?
14. What allowances are provided for supplies and materials?
15. Describe the status of computer usage at your school? How do you envision it changing during the next three years?
16. Does the administration encourage field trips for students?
17. How are teachers assigned to extracurricular activities?
18. Does the district have a statement of educational philosophy or mission?
19. What are prospects for future growth in this community and its schools ?
20. What kind of teacher job commitment is expected by the board, superintendent, principal and parents?